Minecraft 1.12.2 has been released by Mojang. The release adds nothing new to the game, but does fix an exploit discovered that "couldn't wait until 1.13" which means it was a major security issue. Along with bug fixes, the client has a new logo.
The update also fixes:
- MC-15152 – Standing in a nether portal and opening a chest will render the chest open until another chest is opened
- MC-79154 – Hoppers occasionally duplicate items (within chunks)
- MC-86850 – Ender Pearling through a nether portal in the over-world tp's you to the portals nether coordinates but in the overworld
- MC-91803 – Cave / ambiance music can play far away from the player and is not audible
- MC-104259 – Player / mob stuck on farmland while it changes to dirt
- MC-118976 – Landing on farmland gets you stuck in flight mode
- MC-120444 – Almost any entity inside farmland gets teleported when it turns into dirt
- MC-120611 – Player stuck in grass path when it changes to dirt
Spigot has also began work on their 1.12.2 version and can be compiled using --rev 1.12.2 when building with BuildTools.
You may obtain the vanilla jar files on the Minecraft website: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-1122-released?ref=geminiservers.net